Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Forgiveness

I was searching today for a meaningful Bible verse that would help me in the "forgiveness" department and came upon this one. Ironically, the first one I came to was the exact same one my Mom used when I was growing up. I'm pretty sure my brothers and sisters will remember this one.

Forgive people when they do wrong things to you. If you forgive them, your Father in heaven will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive them, your Father will not forgive you.”

Matthew 6:12 and Matthew 6:14-15

Jesus told a story about forgiving people:

“Then Peter came to Jesus. ‘Lord, if my brother keeps on hurting me, how many times should I forgive him?’ he asked. ‘Should I forgive him seven times?’

‘No, not just seven times, but forgive him seventy times seven times’, Jesus said

No comments: