Thursday, October 2, 2008

Matt & Chelsea

~Prayer for My Child~ by: Stormie Omartian

I come to You in Jesus' name and give my child to You.
I’m convinced that You alone
know what is best for him. You alone know
what he needs. I release him to You
to care for and protect, and I commit myself to
pray for everything concerning him that I
can think of or that You put upon my heart.

Teach me how to pray and guide me in what to
pray about. Help me not to impose my own will
when I’m praying for him, but rather
enable me to pray that Your will be done in
his life.

Thank You that I can partner with You in raising
him and that I don’t have to rely on the
world’s unreliable and ever-changing methods
for child rearing, but that I can have clear
directions from Your Word and wisdom as I pray
to You for answers.

Thank You, Lord, for the precious gift of this
child. Because Your Word says that every good
gift comes from You, I know that You have
given him to me to care for and raise. Help
me do that. Show me places where I continue
to hang on to him and enable me to release
him to Your protection, guidance, and
counsel. Help me not to live in fear of possible
dangers, but in the joy and peace of knowing
that You are in control. I rely on You for
everything, and this day I trust my child to You
and release him into Your hands.

I talked to my sister Fran today and Matt is doing as well as expected. The chemo is making him pretty weak and sick but he is tolerating it. He is an amazing 14 year old. So brave and so positive. He will most likely be in the hospital for a month or so. I'm posting the address to the hospital so that anyone that would like to send him some encouraging mail, I think it would be great for him and I'm sure he would love it too. You can send it to: Matthew Rheintgen @ Hope Children's Hospital 4440 W. 95th St. Oak Lawn, IL 60453.

I also had the privilege of visiting our sweet Chelsea today. She had surgery yesterday in preparation for her major surgery on the 10th of October. This little girl is amazing. After everything she has been through and she continues to be happy and content. They built her a special little car to ride around in while hooked up to her "halo" traction. She loves to travel around the halls of Providence checking everything out. She's one smart cookie too! She's mastered using her Papa's cell phone and can call anyone she wants to. One thing for sure, she is definitely a girly girl and loves presents. If you want to send Chelsea something, you can send it Chelsea Wellman, Providence Hospital 16001 W. 9 Mile Rd. Southfield, Michigan 48075.

Most of all, we need everyone to pray for both Matt and Chelsea. We can't even begin to imagine how hard this is for them and for their family.

No comments: